Home   /  News   /  City news   /   China Industrial Heritage Protection List (second batch) released three ancient seawalls in Ningbo
China Industrial Heritage Protection List (second batch) released three ancient seawalls in Ningbo 2019-04-17

 

Sponsored by the China Science and Technology Coordination Department, the China Association for the Advancement of Science and Technology and the China Urban Planning Association jointly launched the "China Industrial Heritage Protection List (Second Batch)", which was released as an important part of the Qiantang Seawall Project. The ancient seawall project in Cixi and Zhenhai is listed. The Qiantang Haitang Project was built in 1876. It was built after the Wu Dynasty Kingdom of the Five Dynasties. It is the existing Qiantang River Seawall built since the Ming and Qing Dynasties. The total length of the line is 317 kilometers. After the removal of the mountain, the actual length is 280 kilometers. It is divided into three parts: Qiantang Haitang, Jiangnan Haitang and Zhedong Haitang. Among them, the important locations of the central and southern seawalls of Qiantang Seawall are Yuyao, Cixi and Zhenhai, as well as Xiaoshan, Shaoxing and Shangyu. The reporter learned from the Municipal Natural Resources and Planning Bureau that the ancient sea pond (Dagutang) on ​​the north side of the Linshan-Lushan (Cixi City)-Shanglin Lake line was built in the Northern Song Dynasty (1041~1048). After several constructions, it was completed until the 20th year of Ming Hongwu (1387), the Dagutang Guancheng section and the Longshan section were completed, and the east leading faucet was formed, and the west reached Shangli Lehai Township, a levee with a total length of more than 80 kilometers. The Houhaitang of Zhenhai also has an extremely important historical status. According to historical records, Houhaitang was built in Tang Zhaozong Ganning four years (AD 894), built earlier than the county. After liberation, Houhaitang was the key flood control facilities in Zhenhai and Jiangbei areas. It was repaired twice in 1957 and 1964. In 1981, it was listed as a key cultural relics protection unit in Zhenhai. In 1989, it was listed as a provincial key cultural relic protection unit.