In the southeast of Guanhaiwei Town, Cixi, Zhejiang, there is an ancient town called Minghe, not famous, but the ancient town has a history of thousands of years. There is also a thousand-year-old ancient temple called the "Golden Zen Temple" in the ancient town. This Zen temple can be said to occupy the best scenery of the ancient town. The ancient temple's mountain facade faces a lake. In the water only five or six meters away from the lake's shore, there are seven stone Rulai, which is quite unique.
Cixi is a county-level city in Ningbo City, Zhejiang Province. The Hangzhou Bay Sea-crossing Bridge, opened to traffic in 2008, is located on the south shore of Cixi City. Minghe Ancient Town was founded in the Tang Kaiyuan period and has a history of about 1,200 years. There is no crane in Minghe Ancient Town. Its name comes from the "Book of Songs · Xiaoya · Heming": Heming is heard in Jiuyi, and it is heard in the wild. There is also a name of a jinshi named after the ancient town.
Jinxian Temple was originally not called "Jinxian Temple", and its name was originally "Jingjin Temple". In the villages around Jiangsu and Zhejiang, there are many "庵", generally referring to "small temples". Jingjinyan was built in the Liang Dynasty of the Southern Dynasty, about 535 AD. I wonder if it can be regarded as one of the "480 Temples in the Southern Dynasty". However, the history of the Zen Temple is over 1400 years, which is earlier than the history of Minghe Ancient Town.
In front of Jing Jinyu's door, there is a lake with an open water surface called "Baiyang Lake". Its water area is about 1700 acres. It is surrounded by mountains on three sides and embraces Guanhaiwei Town. Jingjinyu and Minghe Ancient Towns occupy the lake and mountains here and are the most beautiful part of Baiyang Lake. In the late Qing dynasty, Yao Xun left the poem, "Empty water is empty, the sky is floating. The sky is far from the mountains, and Bo Lan is gradually dying".
The fifth emperor of the Song Dynasty, Zhao Shu, had already given the famous Jingjin Temple and renamed it "Jinxian Temple", because Baiyang Lake was also called "Jinxian Lake". Since then The name of this temple has been kept. The Jinxian Temple was rebuilt and renovated on a large scale in the Ming and Qing dynasties. It once became a famous temple in eastern Zhejiang Province. It is said that the great calligrapher Mi Xun also wrote the "Golden Temple Stele" for the Zen temple. Can't find the truth.
In 1919 (1930 AD), Mr. Li Shutong, a famous musician, art educator, calligrapher, and dramatist, came to Jinxian Temple. At that time, Li Shutong had become a monk, and his nickname was "Hongyi Master." Perhaps the beautiful scenery of the mountains and clear waters here attracted Master Hongyi, and after that he again arrived at Jinxian Temple in Tin.
Little may be known about the identity of Li Shutong's "Master Hongyi", but the song "Farewell" written by Li Shutong in 1941 has been sung to this day and has become a classic. "Outside the long pavilion, beside the ancient road, the fragrant grass is green. Evening wind blows the sound of willow flute, and the setting sun is outside the mountain." The artistic conception in the lyrics is also very applicable to Jinxian Temple. Standing at the mountain gate of the temple, overlooking the vast expanse of Baiyang Lake, let the smoky wind blow from the lake.
After the outbreak of the Anti-Japanese War, Jinxian Temple became an important stronghold in East Zhejiang. In August 1942, the "Three North Guerrilla Command" of the Third Theater of the East Zhejiang New Fourth Army was announced at Jinxian Temple. In September of the same year, the Three North Guerrilla Command also organized the first teaching team at the temple to publicize the anti-Japanese united front policy and train more than 70 anti-Japanese students. All these have received strong support from the monks of the year.
Jinxian Temple was destroyed several times in history. Like the 15th year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty and the first year of Tongzhi, Jinxian Temple was destroyed by fire twice and rebuilt twice. By 1958, Jinxian Temple was converted into the school site of Minghe Ancient Town, and a large number of monks' houses were converted into classrooms. The original splendid Jinxian Temple is said to have only seven buildings.
The Jinxian Temple in Minghe Ancient Town was rebuilt in the 1990s. It took about ten years to build. But compared to other large temples, Jinxian Temple is not considered to be elegant, and even brings the "rurality" of Minghe Ancient Town. The mountain gate of the temple still faces Baiyang Lake, and a pair of stone lions are still sitting at the gate of the mountain.
As for the seven Rulai towers in front of the Baiyang Lake, the scenery remains the same. Every day when the sun rises from the mountain beam on the opposite lake shore, the sunlight is like a silver needle, passing through the tower of Rulai, refracting to the yellow fence of the mountain pass, giving Jinxian Zen Temple a meditation. Jinxian Temple is open to tourists free of charge and no tickets are accepted. This, at least, makes people feel that it is a place of Buddhist doors. About the author: Lu Jianhua Photography (photographer, traveller, self-media)
This article is reproduced by the editor of this website. The purpose of reprinting is to convey more information. It does not mean that this website agrees with its views and is responsible for its authenticity. If you are involved in the content, copyright and other issues, please contact this website within 30 days, we will delete the content as soon as possible! The copyright of this article belongs to the original author, and the content is the author's personal opinion. This site has the final interpretation of this statement.